- the birth of our 4th child. Judson Alexander was born on October 13th, 2007.
- my grand plan to have my son attend a University Model School came to a screeching halt when he was not accepted...which led to him being homeschooled full time, by me. This in and of itself should have its very own blog, but I might get in trouble with the Homeschooling gods or something when I bare my soul and confess my, sometimes, unprofessional teacher role.
- Our family is uprooting! If you know us, you are giggling, because uprooting would be considered an oxymoron for us since we really haven't stayed anywhere long enough to have roots to be upllifted! We have moved a ton, but this is the longest we've been somewhere (4 years), thankfully because I LOVE our city. Justin has accepted a scholarship to attend seminary full time instead of classes here and there while trying to hold down his sometime 60 hour a week job as college minister at our church. We will be moving to the Dallas area when our house sells. Jed believes the whole reason we are moving is so that Daddy can go to his Cowboy games and not have to watch them on TV. This is a bittersweet move, as I have INCREDIBLE friends here, the kids have great friends, and we love the people at our church. But God has evidently called us to do this, and we are VERY excited to see how He is going to provide during these next few years.
- I am way too excited for a new house with more than one toilette!!! That too could be a blog by itself--life with 4 kids, 2 parents, 1 dog and 1 toilette! Therefore, I spend most of my precious free time looking for houses in DFW and dreaming of living in a particular house, becoming best friends with the neighbor who just happens to have kids the same age as mine and just how perfect life will be if we could live there----if you haven't figured it out yet, I am a HUGE dreamer!!!
- With the arrival of Judson, we purchased a mini-van. This is kinda embarrassing, but I LOVE the van!!! I'd always thought I'd be a Suburban girl, but the Mini-van is so perfect for our little family. All I wanted was automatic sliding doors and a DVD player--I got it and I can even start the engine from inside the house with the remote--way cool for cold mornings to get the heater going! Funny how as you grow up your ideas change. Before kids, Justin and I laughed hysterically at anyone who had or mentioned maybe possibly getting a mini-van. Oh yeah, and homeschooling--are you kidding, we would NEVER homeschool, we wanted our kids to be accepted and popular--not nerdy homeschoolers! Here we are 5 years later and yes, I am a proud owner of one mini-van and one incredibly cute homeschooler!
Well, now that I am back I will post more interesting stuff. My favorite blog to read is "In the Midst of It" and she has given me back my bug for the blog! Thanks Sarah!