Friday, February 15, 2008

Bunco Craziness!

So, I just returned from our 3rd bunco group. Let me just say that I am so excited that so many women want to give up their Friday night to roll dice! Bunco was a staple in my life in Lubbock--every 1st Thursday of the month was bunco, Justin knew it and was always home or had a sitter scheduled for me to attend. He knows that I need an outlet to go and be with girls to laugh, talk, and breathe for at least 2 hours without kiddos around. I always come home refreshed. Women need women. So, when we moved here, one of the first things I wanted to do was get into a bunco group. Our church didn't have one, so I mentioned it to the women in our Community Group, talked about it to a neighbor, and started one. We have done it for 3 months. Let me tell you, word has gotten out about us girls--the first 2 months we had 12, then 10, and tonight we had 19! We had at one point 25 that wanted to come, but you know there are always those that cancel at the last minute. We ended up with 5 tables--it was so much fun! What is so great about bunco is that you are forced to rotate tables and have different partners--so you have to be social--I met women I would never have met anywhere else. We have a handful from church who bring their friends, then the rest live in our devlopment--I love meeting these women, there is such potential for us to be on mission, to develop realtionships--it just thrills me.

Anyway, I get home and a frozen pizza is on the stove (cooked of course) and the whole fam is laying on the living room floor watching Indiana Jones...so, I took the opportunity to sneak in the office and post--since I was chastised tonight for taking so long to post! :) Here's to you ladies and the fun we had tonight! Hope all your children sleep really late in the morning so you can too! :)

2 comments:

Tracybug Creative said...

Let me just say that a fake bunco does not compare to the real deal... we found out! Good times and great laughs

The Joys of having Boys said...

Finally, girlfriend I thought your computer has been down or something!! Yes, I do love the Bunco we have a lot of fun. Thanks, for getting it started.