Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Jesus Paid It All

I just finished reading my sisters blog (http://www.mom22boyz.blogspot.com/) and of course was bawling as soon as I read the title. As I was writing my comment--I ran out of room---so was going back to shorten it, my wonderfully, now mobile, but cute- as-ever, almost one year old pulled the power plug--so I had to reboot and figured I would just put my comments in my own blog (even though I have a ton of things I want to talk about) this is in the front of my brain right now.

Davedda talked about memories of our Grandpa singing. He was the worship leader at our church growing up (which would be the reason why my first duet with Chrissy Sciarrillo happened on stage at the First Baptist Church when I was like 7. And come to think of it--funny that I haven't been asked to sing since Grandpa has not been a worship leader, guess he heard only the good notes!) I also knew that "Kevin Came Down and Glory Filled My Soul" when I was like 3, much to my dismay I was later told that it wasn't Kevin, but Heaven that came down to fill my soul with Glory! Amen.



As soon as an old Hymn is playing my eyes (as well as my sister's, and I'm pretty sure my mom's) well up with tears. We immediately can hear Grandpa belting out the words (and many times a different word if the right word didn't come to him quick enough!) They are powerful memories of which partly define who I am today.



My sister reminenced over "How Great Thou Art" ~ a favorite of Grandpa's. Justin and I have taught our kids "Jesus Paid It All" another one that just by hearing the intro, we immediately hear Grandpa singing. I treasure the fact that it is my girls favorite song. I actually, have it on a Passion CD that is currently playing in the van and, ironically, just tonight as we were driving back from football practice it came on and I turned the volume way up and we all belted out from the top of our lungs, "Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain he washed me white as snow, Oh PRAISE THE ONE WHO PAID MY DEBT AND RAISED THIS LIFE UP FROM THE DEAD....." It was a sweet moment worshipping Jesus with my children. Tears flowed down my face as I thought of how Justin and I are striving to instill Jesus and the Gospel into our children, just like Grandpa instilled it in me. I'd like to think that Grandpa was there worshipping with us, knowing that the seeds he planted in his daughter, my mom, have been fruitful in the generations to come. My children will never know Grandpa, as he passed away almost 4 years ago when Jed was only 2, but I hope to pass on the passion that he had for worshipping our wonderful Savior.

1 comment:

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

What a beautiful post. I am so thankful for my own grandparents' legacy of faith that lives on after their deaths. And that my son has that same heritage in his grandparents, as well.

Thanks for sharing.