Thursday, April 17, 2008

Independence Day

Today Judson has declared his independence....Yes, he said that little, tiny two letter word to me--3 times even--"no, no, NO!" Of course, if you know my son, you know he also said it with a twinkle in his eye and an hornery grin on his face, but never the less, he said it. Where do we go from here? You'd think him being the 4th child I'd know exactly where we go--but I guess I have blocked it out of my memory, which is fine, I'm thoroughly enjoying him and this stage of life.

I love this age. He is so much fun! He has got personality bubbling over. He sings, he dances, he flirts, he giggles, he teases, he says "hut hut" and puts his hands up as to catch a football, he calls me "mimmy" (with a short'i'), and calls J "daa daaa", he thinks every animal is a horsey or a doggy, one of his favorite things to do is sit on top of Blakley's head when she is laying on the floor watching tv, when he wants something he sounds like Curious George talking, he says 'I Love You' which sounds like I-uuuuv-UUUU! (just precious), he loves baths, and getting into the car, he pulls Buster's hair and yesterday brushed Buster's teeth with his own toothbrush, he threw his bottle into the toilette (and yes, it did have a poopy in it--thanks sissy) and he LOVES his big brother--follows him around like a shadow. Jed gives him a controller to the playstation that is not plugged in and they sit there and "play" together, every few minutes Jed will say "good job Judson"--it makes my heart melt!

Someone was talking last night at our Community Group how they questioned if they could love the 2nd child as much as the first, I had those exact same feelings. Let me just say that YES, you can love each child just as much as the first, your capacity to love grows and grows and grows, as does your appreciatin for each stage of life. I am so loving 18 months, I just hope that I will still love and appreciate it tomorrow!

2 comments:

Tracybug Creative said...

Ya know... i see that little sweetheart all the time, but to hear him described in such amazing words here really just melts my heart too... and yes that personality is bubbling over!

The Joys of having Boys said...

Ohhhhh, I love this age also. All the new learning. He is sooooooooo precious!!!

J#3 has not said "no" to me yet, but I know it is coming. Right now he is really obedient, but I know that it probably won't last long, one can hope though, right??:)