- Jed turned 5 last week--crazy!!! He really does look like he is a big boy now. We attended our Family Meeting for KPA, the University Model School we will be sending him to next year. It was exciting, but seemed to come to fast. He is so excited for kindergarten, and I am glad that we found this school--he goes Tuesdays and Thursdays. The other 3 days I will homeschool him with material his classroom teacher sends home. I am excited about the fact he will have a class, friends, parties..., but we will still be partnering with his education/molding him into the person God desires him to be. I remember when I taught, I became a "mother" to most of the students because I was the one who spent the most 'awake' time with them. The parents missed out on so much.
- Justin and I were able to go on a date last Thursday night--thanks to Max. We had a great time, except 3 hours after dinner (Chile's cheeseburger, fries, and ranch dressing) I was on the toilet, hugging a trashcan. 9 hours and 8 times later, I called my OB and they prescribed a pill that proceeded to knock me out most of the day. This seemed to help though as I was able to keep a piece of toast and a glass of Sprite down. This episode forced Justin to stay home with the kids. He decided to clean out the play room--a HUGE job. It took him 8 hours Friday and I finished the job on Saturday. The result is: 1. a lot of toys are now gone (!), 2. A realization how spoiled our kids are and the definite need to stop buying them things, and 3. An organized area, which led to the rest of the house being picked up. It is so wonderful to come home or wake up to an organized house--it's been nice!
- June 1st we are headed for vacation!!! We are dropping off the kids in Alb. with grandparents and heading to Scottsdale with another couple for a week of rest, relaxation, quietness, and, oh yeah, golf for the guys! This will be a great down time, we are looking forward to it!!!
- My sister has returned from a vacation with her hubby to England. maybe if she reads this she'll give me a call sometime!!! HEE HEE--just kidding, I can call you too!
- Hopefully Justin will teach me how to post pics on this, that would be much more interesting for people to look at!
- June 12th we have our sonogram--21 weeks--hopefully we'll be able to tell what this little guy/gal is!
I think I better utilize my down time a bit better--clothes to fold, laundry to wash, perhaps a shower!!!
Have a great Monday!