Monday, January 12, 2009

Hello Out There

Hi, so it has been quit awhile since I personally posted. ( I don't think my sister would let me take credit for my last post!) It has been a fun filled Holiday Season around here and I feel like I am just now starting to get back to a "normal" routine. We've been back in town a little over a week, and we finally started our schedule today! We have put Jed on a "stricter" schedule. He has to set his alarm, get up at the same time each day, read his Bible (our friends showed us this great Day by Day Bible for Kids--read through the Bible in a year), pray, exercise, make bed, chores....you get the idea. Today was our first day and he has done awesome! I was watching from his doorway right before his alarm was to go off, and he already woke up. Even though there was a bit of resisitance, he stayed on task and has thus far kept up with his schedule. Now if we can just stay on it long enough to make it a habit!

Our big thing right now is that we are getting bunk beds for the boys. This is more bitter-sweet than I thought it would be. We have had a crib/bassinet/pack-n-play in our house for the last almost 8 years. So the fact that there is no more babies around is wierd, but also a bit exciting. I'm not saying there will never be another in our house (who am I to know what the Lord holds for us), but right now, I am liking getting all the big bulky toys away and am looking forward to bringing back some of our "adult" decorations!

Well, hopefully I'll be around more often. I miss blogging, it is our family's "scrapbook" so to say. See you soon!

1 comment:

Mom22Boyz said...

Yeah!!!! I've missed your blogs!!!